One essential step to ensuring you’re compliant with GDPR is discovering and controlling what personal data you hold and where it resides. There are many Office 365 solutions that can help with this:
1. Compliance Manager – helps you manage your organisation’s compliance procedures from one place. You can conduct real-time risk assessments, providing a score that reflects your compliance performance against data protection regulatory requirements when using Microsoft cloud services. You will also be able to audit and monitor your compliance performance.
2. Data Loss Protection – This can identify common sensitive data types, such as financial, medical and personally identifiable information and allows you to configure actions to be taken upon identification to protect sensitive information and prevent its accidental disclosure.
3. Advanced Data Governance – assists you with data management, helping you find, classify, set policies on and manage the lifecycle of your data.
4. Office 365 e-Discovery – can find text and metadata in content across your Office 365 assets, including SharePoint, OneDrive, Skype and Exchange. For more precision searches, Office 365 Advanced eDiscovery can help you find documents related to a particular subject.
5. Advanced Threat Protection – helps protect your email against new, sophisticated malware attacks. You can also create policies that help prevent your users from accessing malicious attachments or malicious websites linked through email.
6. Advanced Security Management – enables you to identify high-risk and abnormal usage, alerting you to potential breaches. In addition, it allows you to set up activity policies to track and respond to high risk actions.
7. Office 365 Audit Logs – allow you to monitor and track user and administrator activities across workloads in Office 365, which help with early detection and investigation of security and compliance issues.
If your organisation is preparing for GDPR and would like to talk to one of our Office 365 experts, contact QiC today on 01962 711000.