Why does Exchange need to be protected?
Your company email is constantly under attack and in danger. Even now, as you read this. I know that sounds alarming and in a way, it is, but there are things we can do to protect your business from danger
Published by Rob chambers 09/07/2018
There are many ways that Enterprise Email is under threat:
Increase in Cryptoware distribution
Cost of Cyber threats last year
Of Email users have clicked on malware in email
of organizations that suffered successful cyber attacks in 2016 aren't making any changes to their security in 2017
What can we do?
As a Customer Service Provider, we have to try and stay ahead of these threats, but not all protection comes included with Office 365 email
QIC systems takes email security very seriously, even if some of our clients don't! Out of the box, Office 365 Email comes with:
- Data Loss Prevention - to prevent sensitive data being sent out
- Basic Exchange level Spam filtering - Filters out some things, but has little controls
- In-place archiving - To mitigate issues in the mailbox, gives you an extra 50-100Gb depending on license.
- Mailbox Maintenance - Every 6 months your mailbox is moved to a different server in 365, it mitigates corruption and software obcelescence
- Setting up SPF, DKIM and DMARC - These three tools in unison help stop spoofed email in its tracks, SPF helps with incoming, DKIM and DMARC with outgoing
These protective systems are pretty good in most cases, but we still have some issues with the user, hacking and more complex viruses.
What else can we do?
We recommend a number of steps we can take and some 3rd party products.